Location: 501 E Roosevelt Electra, TX 76360
Contact: City Hall at 940-495-2146 for information about reserving this facility.
The frame building at 501 E. Roosevelt that serves as Electra Community Center began life in the late 1890's as Rocky Point School. Rocky Point Common School District No. 16 served students between 1892 and 1947 from the building located nine miles southeast of Electra, east of today's Beaver Creek bridge over Texas Highway 25. After consolidation with Electra ISD, the building was sold to the City and moved to City Park. The building served Electra High School's music programs for many years, in addition to its current role as municipal rental space.
The building can accommodate up to 100 people for parties, reunions and other events. Tables and chairs are provided along with a small kitchen facility, ADA bathrooms, and close proximity to the Municipal Swimming Pool and downtown Electra.
Click here to download the Community Center Check List & Rental Agreement form.